#FlorenceLive: Conversations Beyond The State
After the success of the first edition of #FlorenceLive, launched in May 2020, the webcast series enters its second round: #FlorenceLive - Conversations Beyond the State will host conversations and interviews with academics and high-level policy-makers on the world today, with a focus on policy issues that cross borders.
The series will run from September to December 2020. All events will be live-streamed on the School's website and Youtube channel, no registration is required. To participate in the discussion, please join us live and post your comments and questions on Youtube in the comment feed below the video.
Watch our latest #FlorenceLive conversation on America and the World in 2021
This #FlorenceLive edition looked at the future of US foreign policy: Biden set to assume the US presidency in 2021, there is much at stake in discussions about the future of US foreign policy and the implications on transnational relations. The panelists explored questions such as:
- What is Biden’s foreign policy?
- What is the future of the transatlantic relationship?
- Where does Europe fit in between China and the US?
- Anne Applebaum (staff writer for the Atlantic and senior fellow at the Agora Institute at John Hopkins University)
- Carl Bildt (Co-Chair of the European Council on Foreign Relations, contributing columnist to Washington Post and Project Syndicate)
- Peter Spiegel (US managing editor of the Financial Times)
Alex Stubb (Director of the EUI School of Transnational Governance and former Prime Minister of Finland)
Read the take-aways.