21-23 October 2019 Date:
Place: Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels
Scientific Coordinators: Cinzia Alcidi (CEPS) and Wolfgang Wessels (EUI)
Deadline: 28 October 2019
This Executive Training examines the new developments of the EU budget, focusing on the strategic role that member states and parliaments play in negotiations for the determination of the new Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF). Participants will upgrade their strategic knowledge, develop key skills and share best practices in a year that is critical for the EU’s future. This interactive seminar discusses both the substance and the organisation of the MFF as a case study, with the aim to strengthen participants’ grip on processes taking place in Brussels and in the member states.
Download the Executive Programme
- Learning about the new developments of the MFF and the state of play of negotiations;
- Identifying and discussing best practices on how EU and national actors scrutinise the MFF;
- Building expertise in parliaments’ instruments and related assessments with regard to the MFF;
- Obtaining invaluable knowledge about the role of the InvestEU as an EU financial instrument;
- Upgrade knowledge about how EU budget mechanisms affect national economic policies;
- Understanding member states’ national interests/preferences about the MFF;
- Steering an inter-parliamentary network of best practices.
General Fees: 1300 Euros
Discounted fees for applicants from:
- University (PhD, Post-doc, research fellows etc.): 350 Euros
- EU and national institutions, including national parliaments: 975 Euros
In case of registration of 3 participants from the same organisation, the course fee is waived for one of them. Special deals apply for larger groups.
The fees cover the cost of the course as well as coffee and lunch breaks. Travel and hotel costs are not included in the fees.
Meet your Course Coordinators:
Dr Cinzia Alcidi is Head of the Economic Policy Unit at the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) in Brussels and research fellow at LUISS (School of European Political Economy).
Prof Dr Wolfgang Wessels is a part-time professor at the School of Transnational Governance (STG). He is Visiting Professor at the College of Europe, Bruges and Natolin and Director of the Centre for Turkey and European Union Studies (CETEUS) at the University of Cologne.